Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Love of Beadboard

I LOVE the look of beadboard.   I've wanted to put in our home since we purchased it 4 years ago.  I just didn't know where until recently.  Our house is small.  1,088 square feet.  I love it now.  It took me some time to love it though. 

Our dining area is small.  It seats 6 of us comfortably but it's still small.  We had to gut the kitchen when we bought the house and so it's now fresh white cabinets with black laminate countertops and stainless steel appliances.  We will eventually upgrade our countertops but for now they serve their purpose well. 

So until recently I knew I would hang the beadboard vertically.  That's how it's supposed to be hung, right?  Well, I was 110% sure of that fact until I visited Remodeling Guy and saw this. 

Who would have ever thought to hang beadboard horizontally?  Uh not me.  I love the look.  Am I crazy?  It gives such a different look to it.  I don't know if it'll look good in my space but I'm going to give it a shot.  We'll see how it turns out........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment