Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This past week has been busy to say the least.  I've been painting our interiors doors and adding new hardware.  I love painting but not doors.   I'm trying to make a dent in our "to do" list without bothering my husband.  This time of year is extremely busy for him.   He's planting cotton {my favorite crop} and it requires the majority of his time so I figured I'd learn how to do some stuff that I usually rely on him to do. 

Speaking of cotton.   Ours is looking great.   Keeping our fingers crossed it stays that way.  Farming is a faith based business.  It doesn't matter how good or attentive you are if you don't get any rain or too much rain your crops are doomed.  I always fall back on the promise God made us to help get us through. 

Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.  Leviticus 26:4

We are growing a little corn for our cows and some soybeans this year.  When I say we I really me Ashley {my husband}.  He is an amazing farmer.  I cannot wait to have another child with him and secretly praying it's a boy so he can take over the farm one day.  Although I'd settle for a little girl too because there's not doubt she'll be a tomboy. 

I'm off to work on door #2.  Only 11 more to go.  They really look good and I'm very happy with the hardware we chose.  It's simple but I love the color.  It's a black matte although it looks like ORB.  Either way I love it and it makes such a statement on the old boring 6 panel door. 


1 comment:

  1. I love it, too! Keep up the hard work (both of you!) =)

    ReplyDelete