Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This past week has been busy to say the least.  I've been painting our interiors doors and adding new hardware.  I love painting but not doors.   I'm trying to make a dent in our "to do" list without bothering my husband.  This time of year is extremely busy for him.   He's planting cotton {my favorite crop} and it requires the majority of his time so I figured I'd learn how to do some stuff that I usually rely on him to do. 

Speaking of cotton.   Ours is looking great.   Keeping our fingers crossed it stays that way.  Farming is a faith based business.  It doesn't matter how good or attentive you are if you don't get any rain or too much rain your crops are doomed.  I always fall back on the promise God made us to help get us through. 

Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.  Leviticus 26:4

We are growing a little corn for our cows and some soybeans this year.  When I say we I really me Ashley {my husband}.  He is an amazing farmer.  I cannot wait to have another child with him and secretly praying it's a boy so he can take over the farm one day.  Although I'd settle for a little girl too because there's not doubt she'll be a tomboy. 

I'm off to work on door #2.  Only 11 more to go.  They really look good and I'm very happy with the hardware we chose.  It's simple but I love the color.  It's a black matte although it looks like ORB.  Either way I love it and it makes such a statement on the old boring 6 panel door. 


1 comment:

  1. I love it, too! Keep up the hard work (both of you!) =)

    ReplyDelete