Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Thursday, July 14, 2011

{Colored Doors}

When we bought our fixer upper 5 years ago I knew immediately that I wanted a gray house with a yellow door.  It was a white house with peeling aluminum siding & a white door.  It was hideous!  Today I have my gray house with yellow door & I want something else.  I love the gray siding so that is staying.  I've been addicted to Pinterest for months now & seeing all the colored doors has made me want something different on our own front door. 


I love how vibrant these colors are! 
After much debate & color samples we've decided on a color. 

Ta da....

We are going with turquoise. 
More specifically Martha Stewart's Lagoon.



It's the perfect shade of turquoise. 
I'll be searching for new hardware for the door & light fixture.  Our front porch isn't the most gorgeous thing but it has potential.  We have huge plans for it one day but for now we are working with what we have. 

Can't wait to share the new door!


{All images courtesy of Pinterest}

1 comment:

  1. Love the doors and beautiful color you picked out! I too have recently joined Pinerest. I'm still getting used to it. I'm easily challenged. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete