Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Thursday, September 6, 2012

{What Was I Thinking?}

We purchased this amazing chest that is solid wood & in perfect condition minus the 5 coats of paint it had.    I knew I could make him handsome again with some work.  Little did I know how much work until late last night.


I decided it would be a great idea to start stripping it late last night because there were a few places that had paint that was chipping.  I normally don't strip pieces because I almost always use ASCP & there's no need for sanding, priming or stripping.  This is where I am now....


I seriously want to pull my hair out.  I don't know what I was thinking stripping this piece.  There are so many layers of paint & most of it won't come off no matter what I do!

I tried painting it & it's so obvious that the piece isn't smooth.


It looks horrible!
So I am going to try stripping some more & see what happens.  
I was so excited about this piece but now I'm a little disheartened.  
But I'm going to keep trying & see where I get.

The top actually looks good which gives me hope.


I am excited about the potential this piece has & I had a vision for it the day I saw it so I'm going to keep on trucking on.  

Have y'all tackled any projects lately that got the best of you?

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!  
It's almost the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment