Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Thursday, February 3, 2011

{If it's a BOY...}

Since we found out that we are expecting I've been toying with ideas for the nursery.  I don't want a typical nursery.  And I do not like themes at all!  I want something cozy but somewhat rustic too.   We've waited for this for a long time and I'm sparing no expense on this nursery.  It'll be the last nursery I ever get to decorate because this will be our last child. 

We've I've searched high and low for fabrics because I want our bedding to be custom.  I haven't found anything that speaks to me so I figured having it made would be the easiest thing to do.  These are our fabrics for a boy's room.  I ordered samples from LS Fabrics and heart them all!  Right now I'm thinking the first and last one will be the crib bumper and the 2nd the window treatments and the 3rd the crib skirt.  I have plenty of time to change my mind and knowing me I probably will. 


We both agreed that we love this crib and unless we find something else that blows us away this will be our choice.  It's from Baby& Child Restoration Hardware.


I've always loved the look of a iron crib.  It's more than we expected to pay but since it's the only big piece of furniture we are purchasing for the room it's not that big of a deal.  We have two other pieces that we are using but that will need some paint and knew hardware.  We didn't want a set of furniture but something eclectic. 

I haven't been this excited about decorating a room in a long time.  There's something about a baby that brings life to you.  We feel so extremely blessed as we know the struggles so many families have trying to have children.  We've learned so much from our daughter's death and although it seems like a huge price to pay we know that we'll be better parents because of our experience.  How I wish our sweet girl was here to celebrate with us but I know we have one amazing guardian angel looking out after us and her brother/sister. 

Sorry I kind of got off track.  It's hard to not think of our daughter during this journey.  How much we missed out on by losing her so young. 

So I'll leave you with some other ideas we have for the nursery if it's a boy and tomorrow I'll share the girls version. 


2 comments:

  1. I love love the fabric you have picked out. I'm with ya on the room not all matching. Cute pillows. He or she will be a lucky and blessed child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty! Love the crib and fabric so far. Can't wait to see what else you have in mind. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete