Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Sunday, November 25, 2012

{Meeting Miss Mustard Seed}

Saturday I had the amazing opportunity of meeting Miss Mustard Seed.  
She was doing a book signing at SuzAnna's Antiques in Raleigh, NC & I wasn't missing it no matter what!
My awesome husband accompanied me on the 2.5 hour drive & even chatted Marian up about farming cotton! 


MMS is the reason I started my business.  I have followed her blog for years & even tried a few of her DIYs like her German glass glitter letters & ornaments.  She is a constant inspiration & her words of wisdom & truth gave me the push I needed to open Raised In Cotton Interiors.  

Marian is a real genuine person.
Her accent is adorable!
And that new short haircut is totally her!
My husband actually asked me when I was going to cut mine like that.  What? 
He was as smitten with her as I was.  


She wasn't in a rush as she signed our books.
She talked with us.  Asked us questions. 
It's what I love most about her.
She is a real person.  Just like you & I.

I could sit & talk to her for hours.  
I am so thankful she shared her talents with so many of us through her blog, paint & book!

If you get the chance to attend a book signing please do!
You won't be disappointed!


I look horrible in this picture mainly because I was so nervous.
I mean I'm standing next to Miss Mustard Seed!

She said to me, "Anything is possible." 
She is so right!

What a great day it was!
I am seriously still pinching myself & re-reading what she wrote to me in my copy of her book. 


What an honor to meet someone like her....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica-I could not agree with you more about Marian aka MMS. What a beautiful lady inside and out! I was there as well, actually right in front of you and your hubby and I wanted to say what a beautiful couple y'all are. And thanks to MMS for mentioning you in her blog cause now I can follow your blog, which is lovely by the way! God Bless!

    Debbie May

    ReplyDelete