Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Sunday, April 1, 2012

{Guest Bedroom Tour... Take 3}

Back in September & January I showed y'all our guest bedroom. 
I still have a list of things to do in this room but wanted to show you a simple change I made today. 
I, like most women, get tired of looking at furniture in the same place so I started moving stuff around & this is what I came up with.


I moved the small chest from one side of the room to beside the bed.  I don't know if I like it just yet but I'll leave it this way for a while to see how it  feels. 

I moved the bookcase to the spot where the small chest was.  Eventually we want to mount the tv on the wall & put a chair I've been working on in upholstery class underneath it.  I'll put the bookcase in our yard sale I'm prepping for. 


This wall looks blah to me now but it's okay because it won't stay that way forever.  Our goal is to in the next year move our daughter into this room from her bedroom.  This room is a bit bigger in size & is at the back of the house.  That means lots of painting but I love to paint so no biggie. 

While I was cleaning in here today I decided to make a list of things that needed to be done in this space.  I didn't realize just how much we had to do. 


It seems that my list never gets smaller.  I'm trying to focus on getting projects done before starting another one.  It's one of my husband's main pet peeves with me.  I get so excited about a new idea that I drop what I'm working on to start another leaving the previous project unfinished for months.   Please tell me I'm not the only one that does that?

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who hops to the next project before you finish the one you've started. I started a dining room redo last fall and only have to make a few pillows and get a few accessories to finish it. I've now moved on to repainting my guest bedroom. I think it's just part of our nature.

    Love your guest room.

    ReplyDelete