Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Closet Envy

The closets in our home are small.  We are very grateful there are two in our master bedroom but it doesn't stop me from dreaming about having a huge walk in closet someday.  I have an addiction to purses and shoes and my small closet isn't exactly helping said addiction.  This is what I'm working with.  Notice the bending rod?  I pray every time I hang something else up that it doesn't fall down. 


Our plan is to move our home to the 12.5 acres we own in another part of town and add on to it.  We'd like a bigger kitchen, living room, powder room, a real foyer, mudroom, garage, bonus room and a true master suite!  Pretty ambitious we know but we;ll do things a little at a time because we don't want our mortgage to dictate our lives.  We come and go as we please now and we want things to stay that way.  So until that all can happen I'll just keep dreaming about spaces like these.....



And this must be what shoe Heaven looks like.....


{images courtesy of California closets and unknown}

I just finished painting my sister's birthday gift.  It's been dropped off at her house awaiting her arrival on Monday.  I hope she likes it.  And if not I'll gladly take it back and find a space for it in my home.  Next up is the old sewing machine I found for a mere $49.   It's a beautiful piece of furniture and is even accompanied by the original sewing machine.  I'm excited to get working on this project.  I do wish I had a building to paint in versus my kitchen turned make shift painting room. 


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment