Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Using Second Hand Furniture in Your Home

I love second hand furniture.  I have a weakness for it especially chairs.  I recently purchased a chest of drawers from my favorite local thrift store and after much debating and a little intimidation I decided to paint it.  If you've never seen Mandie and her amazing work at Altar'd you're missing out.  It's okay go ahead.  I'll wait. 

So I've started on my dresser.  I don't have a before picture of the entire dresser or if I do I can't seem to find it.  So I took this picture so you could see what I started with. 

Excuse the mess please.  This is our guest room.  It is almost finished but not enough for a photo op!  I've started painting the first three drawers.  I even attempted glazing one and boy did I do that wrong.  It just looked dirty but Mandie is helping me along the way with her tips so I'm sure I'll be painting like a pro before long.  I cannot wait to finish this project and share it with the rest of blogland! 

Back to painting.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You did an incredible job on your dresser!! Thanks for the compliment, I love what I get to do every day, and it all started with a pair of nightstands. I can't wait to see what you do next!
    Blessings!
    Mandie@altar'd

    ReplyDelete