Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

{Giving New Life to an Old Piece}

I have a favorite used furniture store that I visit quite frequently & I have only left there once without purchasing something.  Most of the pieces I've sold but every now & then I find a piece that I love & refuse to get rid of.  When I spotted this piece I knew I had to have it.  I had no idea where I was going to put it but I loved it & it was coming home with me.  It's solid wood & the curves are gorgeous.  I didn't take an appropriate before picture so I apologize for that but here's what it looks like upside down before I painted it. 


I used ASCP in Graphite on the top & Old Ochre on the bottom!  I waxed the entire piece to finish it off!  It looks great & even my husband loves it! 


Sorry for the horrible pictures!  I'm still trying to learn how to use our camera.  This picture truly doesn't do the piece justice. 

I hate that you can see the cords from the lamps.  I'll have to figure something out to hide them because they are driving me crazy.  We had a drop leaf table there before & it hid them well. 

Here's a sneak peek of my next project!


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment