Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Sunday, August 28, 2011

{Thanks, Irene}

So Irene has made her way out of NC finally!  The sun is shining & it's back to being 1,000 degrees.   We were one of the fortunate as we had minor damage to our home.  We never lost power although some in our small town did.  We are praying for those who lost loved ones, homes & power. 


Our porch was literally ripped from our house.  And thank goodness I was staying with my sister an hour away with our daughter because the awning landed where I normally park my car.  The porch was an eye sore and something on our to do list.  Thanks to Irene we can move it up on our list.  I'm so happy it was just our porch and nothing major. 


So now we just wait on our insurance company and go from there.  I'll be searching Pinterest for some inspiration photos.  We'd like some completely different than what was there.  You can see from this above picture that it was just an ugly metal awning.  I'll be anxious to get it done but until then I'll be painting the door and looking for new light fixtures.  I mean a new porch requires new accessories, right?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment