Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Thursday, August 19, 2010

{Finally Finished}

I've found a new love in finishing furniture.  I've purchased many second hand pieces over the last few months and have slowly been getting around to making them pretty.   When I found this piece it was not only ugly but dirty.  And whoever attempted to stain it did a horrible job.  There were drips everywhere and some places were darker than others.  It was in bad shape and the hardware well I'll let you see for yourself. 


It took a great deal of sanding and few coats of Behr Premium Plus paint it's now finished.  She's actually a very beautiful {and heavy} piece of furniture.  I'm going to try and sell her as we just don't have the space to keep her. 


I think she turned out beautiful.  I'm pretty proud of myself. 

1 comment:

  1. I paint furniture and may have passed that piece up because of all the work it needed, but you didn't and it turned out so well. It looks wonderful. I love the new hardware.

    I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete