Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Sunday, March 25, 2012

{Dark Floors}

We have hardwoods throughout our entire house.  They are original to the house.
Most of them were covered with this horrible laminate.  We pulled up a piece to see  the condition of the floors.  It wasn't good.  The laminate is so thick & was heavily glued that it would take way too much time & money to fix.  So we had carpet installed.  It works best for our family because of our dogs & with the surprise addition of Landry we are so glad that we did decided on carpet.  And I know when she starts crawling her little knees will be thankful too. 

Two years ago we decided to refinish the hardwoods in the guest bedroom & office {now Landry's room}.  It was a lot easier than we thought it would be.  Time consuming but easy.  We loved the honey color they were so we didn't restain we just applied some Varathane on them to seal them.  We've loved the look of them until I saw this....


I stumbled across Kate's blog while reading Holly Mathis Interiors
Her floors are to die for!  Actually her whole house is to die for. 
Have you ever seen a house & wish you could move in? 
That's how I felt when I saw her house. 

So before I lose track of the post talking about Kate's house her dark floors got me to thinking. 
Naturally I went to Pinterest for some inspiration photos. 





I showed them to my husband.  His response floored me.
He said he's always wanted dark floors.  I have no idea why he never told me. 
But now that we are both on the same page we are going to proceed with the project. 
We both love Minwax's Dark Walnut. 
We have a list of things to do before we can make the change to the floors. 
Like moving Landry from her room to the guest room. 

There's something about dark floors.  They are so rich looking. 
I'm really excited about this project. 
And I hope unlike the other projects in our house it gets done sooner rather than later. 

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
We are working in the yard, cleaning house & enjoying some much needed family time!

3 comments:

  1. I have dark hardwoods and love them, but I will warn you they aren't as forgiving (pet hair and dust speaking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that and I'm sure it'll drive me crazy but I want to pull the trigger on this project anyway. The positive is that we are only doing it in the bedrooms and our dog doesn't go in two of those rooms. I'm hoping I love it as much I think I will. ;)

    ReplyDelete