Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Sunday, September 26, 2010

{Airing My Dirty Laundry}

Our laundry room was added on several years after our home was built.  I would have designed it completely differently if I had my choice.   We plan on expanding our kitchen and dining room one day.  When we do it'll be out the back of the house which means the laundry room will be demolished and built to my standards.  Until then I have to work with what I have.  I've seen other people's laundry rooms and I'm blessed to have the space we have. 

Our laundry room also houses our three big dogs and their three big houses.  They take up the majority of the floor space.  I thought about taking a picture to show you the space but I'm afraid someone might turn me in to Hoarders.  It's probably not that bad but it's become the catch all room.   It's a room that when I walk into it I try to hurry and get out.  I don't know how we've I've accumulated so much stuff but it's time it goes.  I'm getting stuff together for a yard sale.  If it hasn't been used or worn in 6 months it's free game.  I think this thought process will free up tons of space in our home. 

So back to the laundry room.  I want to make this space pretty.   Three years ago we ripped out two large windows to have french doors put in.  We had always planned on adding a deck and never did.  We'll we are this winter.  And that means that people will have to walk through this room to get outside to our deck.  It secretly makes me smile to know this room will be pretty.  I painted the room a gorgeous blue called Madras Blue by Behr.  I never really knew what direction I was going with the room when I picked the color and then I started seeing these blue and red rooms and fell in love! 

I found this fabric


 and this trim

 as inspiration for this room.  I ordered samples of both from LS Fabrics and these pictures do them no justice.  They are both more gorgeous in person. 

I'd love to do the floors like this

{image courtesy of Frugal Farmhouse Design}

Lori used 1/4" plywood to make these gorgeous expensive looking floors!  We have some other plans for this room including this love seat we purchased at our favorite second hand store.


This post was kind of all over the place but that's how my mind works best.  I am hoping to show our pantry remodel this week.  I've ordered a few pieces that should be in either tomorrow or Tuesday so we can finish it up and show it off. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 
I'm off to enjoy the cooler weather and rain!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product! I think your colors will be great and I too, love that plywood floor and have been following her progress.

    ReplyDelete