Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Saturday, September 11, 2010

{Guest Room Tour}

Our guest bedroom has been a work in progress.  It's not completely done but done enough to finally share some pictures with all of you in blogland.  It started out a brown color and it just  felt so dark.  We had  dark cherry wood furniture, dark walls and it was just plain dark.  I wanted something light and so this is what I came up with. 

I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.  Like I said before there are a few things I'd like to change.  I want a print curtain versus the white ones I purchased at Target on the cheap.  And I'm looking for the perfect quilt for the end of the bed.  I will most likely switch out the pillows too at some point. 


I found this chair at a second hand store for $29.  I loved the lines and the tufting.  It's very comfortable too. Once I find the perfect fabric we'll have it recovered.  The old flag I'm going to have framed and hung in the empty space above the television.  I'd love to find a new neutral rug too.  I purchased the yellow one from Pottery Barn a year ago for our kitchen but I didn't love it there so it went into storage until I started designing this room.  It works for now.  I'm going to see if I can persuade my grandmother to let go of some of her and my great grandmother's oil paintings for the room too.  I'm super happy with the way the room turned out.  It's a comfy space for our guests and it looks pretty too. 


All that's left is finding a headboard.  I'm brainstorming so hopefully I'll come up with something soon.  Thanks for stopping by!  Hope y'all have a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous room! I love the color palette you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica - I'm stopping by from Shaunna's wonderful blog, Perfectly Imperfect. I am looking forward to seeing your future projects, but already I love that mirror above your bed, the flag you intend to frame and the fact that you have corner windows. Oh, and I love your masthead! I want to hug that cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I love the colors. It would be a blessing to be a guest in that room! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete