Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Friday, September 17, 2010

{Picking Paint Colors}

Paint is the easiest and cheapest way to change a room.  When we purchased our home 4 years ago we hadn't planned on staying in it permanently.  We've since fallen in love with our home and have decided she's a keeper.  It's the place where we started putting our lives back together after our daughter's death. 

We painted neutral colors in the beginning for resale purpose.  They were still beautiful colors just simple.  We've since repainted every single room in the house except our master bedroom.  Why is it that the master always seems to be the last room any couple works on?  I recently purchased some paint samples from Home Depot courtesy of the Martha Stewart paint collection that are contenders for our master bedroom. 

{From left to right: Faded Ink, Waterfall & Ice Rink}

These are our color  choices for our walls.  My favorite is Ice Rink and my husband's favorite is Faded Ink.  I want something light but with enough color you can tell we painted it.  You can see our duvet and the colors in it and that's what we are planning this room off of. 

{From left to right: Cornucopia & Burlap}

These are our color choices for our ceiling.  I love the Burlap but think we need something a bit lighter.  I think I'm going to grab at least two more options before we narrow it down.  I am excited about our room transformation and once we get the walls and ceiling painted it will start to come together more and more.   I have a few ideas up my sleeve for our space and I can't wait to share them with all of you! 

I'm working on our project list and trying to get stuff organized for our yard sale.  I'm ready for our projects to get done and our house clutter free.  I think the way to do that is to prioritize so I'm off to do so!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Thanks for becoming my 25th follower!!! I feel like I should throw a party or something. I hovered at the 10 to 12 mark for so long and never dreamed I would have 25!

    Not only am I honored by your decision to follow my blog, but I am honored to see your new bannerhead with the new cows. Loved the old header, love this one just as much - they are gorgeous. I think your color choices are bold and you sound confident in what you want. I look forward to seeing the end result. It DOES seem like our master bedrooms are the most neglected as we are trying to please everyone else. I think I will take a page from your book and work harder on improving the space that I and my husband, Mr. Tennis, as he's known in the blogosphere, inhabit. I will be looking for that reveal and you have a good weekend too! Thanks #25!

    ReplyDelete