Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Monday, September 20, 2010

{Pantry Remodel}

I'm excited about getting started on our pantry remodel.  Tonight we begin taking everything out so I can start painting.  It's not a huge pantry but it's a good size.  It measures 8 ft x 2.5 ft.  It also stores our hot water heater.  That thing is a monster and we are looking into the tankless water heater but that's another story for another post. 


We are painting the pantry Oatmeal by RL.  We had the color mixed in the Behr Premium Plus paint because in our opinion it's the best paint out there.  We are going to stencil on the Quatrefoil stencil we purchased from I don't remember.  I do remember it was pricey but it's a good size stencil.  We'll paint it in black.  Our kitchen is cream, white and black.  I love the simplicity of our kitchen.  It's a small galley style kitchen but plenty of space for two. 

All of our inspiration comes from Shelley at House of Smiths.  Her pantry rocks!  I know it's going to be awesome when we get it done and I know that it's going to be a process too.  We don't have any built in shelves in our pantry so we purchased a black book shelf from Wal-Mart and intend to go back and get another one once we are done painting.  Eventually we'd like to have a walk in pantry but for now we'll work with what we have or don't have. 

I purchased these beauties today on Etsy for our pantry.  I love Etsy. 


I am thinking of buying two of these for the pantry too. 


I love how Shelley has everything so organized.  Our pantry is not organized.  At all.  Our goal is to organize it so when I ask my husband to get something out he won't say "we don't have it" because he doesn't look past the front of the middle shelf. 

Hopefully by the end of the week our pantry will look something like House of Smiths. 

2 comments:

  1. I locw their pantry. I'll be watching to see how yours turns out. Who knows maybe you'll inspire me to do something about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new purchases. Can't wait to see the results of your pantry.
    P.S. I linked your blog to one of my post. Hope you don't mind I passed it along.I'm still learning how to blog and comment.

    ReplyDelete