Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

{Laundry Room Design}

The laundry room is one of the projects that needs to take priority on our project list.  I finally have a vision for what I want in this space.  I know it seems odd to spend so much time on a laundry room but this room will lead out to the deck we are having built in March. 

It's measures 19 x 7.5.  It originally had 6 windows but when we had the windows, siding & doors replaced we opted to take out two windows for some beautiful french doors.  We have never regretted the decision. 

Right now it's the catch all room.  It looks like an episode of Hoarders to be honest.  We are slowly cleaning it out and getting rid of stuff.  We want to be able to use the space better especially when summer comes. 

As it is now we let no one go in there.  It's where our dogs sleep at night which means it doesn't smell too hot & it's full of junk.  It's an eyesore & a space we keep hidden from most who come in our home.  Eventually we want it to be a laundry/sunroom where people can go through to get to the backyard & deck. 

It wasn't until I saw the MS Silhouette paint that I knew what I wanted to do with the room.  It's the room that gets the most light in our house so painting it black made sense. 

Elizabeth over at The Mustard Ceiling put together a design board for me because I have no idea how to do so.  I'm sure it's simple but it's not my thing.



1.) Turner light fixture from Rejuvenation
2.) Martha Stewart's Silhouette Paint
3.) Lasting Greatness in white by Flor
4.) Ikat stencil from Olive Leaf Stencils
5.) Hemnes glass cabinet from IKEA
6.) Wallace light fixture from Rejuvenation
7.) Love seat I purchased at my favorite used furniture store

I hope this helps y'all see my vision. 

The painting started Sunday & will resume Wednesday. It should all be done by Thursday.  Then I can start elminating some of the junk in there so that we can order the floor & lighting.  I'm still uncertain what I want to do for the windows.  Right now we have bamboo blinds & I'm kind of starting to like them again after I saw them against the black paint.  I'll make that decision later on in the process though.

I am extremely excited to see this room come together. 

My mom is going to help me work on it when she comes to visit in February.  Landry is starting to stay awake more during the day so finishing projects are not an option most days until her Daddy gets home.  It's okay though because I'd rather spend time with her! 

We leave in 3 weeks for Texas. 
I cannot wait because I miss my family! 
We will be working on some projects up there too that  I can't wait to document. 

Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! So exciting to see what elements you're using and to now read your plan. I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete